How to recover deleted important data?
We normally delete files which are not wanted. Sometimes, we press Shift+Delete, to delete it even from the recycle bin. Losing our data can be very annoying as it requests a lot of backbreaking job to get it back.
There are many reasons for losing our data. A few of them are:
- Accidentally Data Deletion: There are times when misguidedly we delete data which we cannot be reclaimed anymore.
- Computer Crash:Computer crash occurs due to different reasons such as overheating, viruses, power cut etc which can cause deletion of data.
- Lost or Stolen Devices: When we lose any of the devices like laptops or any media devices, a server back-up is very useful.
There are some research results showing that, human error and the hardware failure are the possible causes for the data loss.
When our operating system deletes a file, all it does is spotting the space on our hard drive that our file occupies as free space. It's still there, but our computer is now completely contented to write new data on top of it at which point the file recovery process becomes a lot more difficult.
Steps to get the data recovered are:
- As soon as we realize that the data is lost, we have to shut down the computer and remove the drive from the unit. This driver is then attached to the secondary computer. This secondary computer must have a writer blocker device. Then, you can start recovering the data.
- If our computer shuts down due to collapse, take a backup by server as a solution by the use of internet, if we have already installed, it can save us from losing any type of data.
- Although the probability is small, the only way to recover from data loss due to a natural disaster is to store backup data in a physically separate location.
- Multiple power circuits with battery backup and a generator will only protect data against power failures.
- Using antivirus software in our system will protect our data from virus and other infectious agents.
- To maintain a secure interface between our computer and public networks to prevent our data being hacked, a firewall can be installed.
- To alert us when someone tries to access our system illegally, an intrusion detection software can be installed.
- Regularly update the software programs we are using to ensure that the security patches are installed properly and all default passwords have been reset.
Advanced Disk Recovery helps us recover accidently deleted files. It scans entire system including hard drives, partitions, external devices, and even CDs and DVDs for deleted files and folders and gives us the opportunity to recover them. We never have to worry again about data getting deleted accidently, as Advanced Disk Recovery can recover it, with a few simple clicks.