Can't open file? Fix file extension errors!
There are millions and billions of data being downloaded and uploaded in the internet. There are various softwares available that enable us to modify, create, compress and store data.
All these ensure faster communication and retrieval of data. One of the most aggravating problems while doing multiple download and upload is that some of the files could not be opened by us.
Sometimes it so happens that in order to transmit large amount of data, we end up converting them into compressed files and folders. Although some of the compression softwares are used throughout, in many cases, it still creates a problem. It is seen that with the wide range of compression software available in the market, the system compatibility plays a vital role in accessing these files and folders.
This is a growing concern with email attachments. Some of the information sent to us by our counterparts could not be opened. Some possibilities and their solutions could be:
- The files may contain viruses.
- Often it is found that during bulk downloads from various sites; some unknown files also get downloaded in our PC. We would try to open it, but the system would not open the file or folder. Even on deleting those folders, they reappear in full size and form. This could possibly be because the file is a Trojan, a virus. This can be removed by running a full PC scan to get rid of all viruses. This will also upgrade the defense mechanism of the system.
- Unavailable extension.
- The most common cause for this problem is that the desired file extension is not compatible with the system. This can be avoided by downloading the compatible software on your system from the internet. One another solution is to open the file using internet. When we try to open the files that are not compatible with the system, an option is always provided to browse the net and open it.
- Another approach that can be followed is to download software that can convert all the documents into any desired format. This can act as a one stop solution for all such problems. There are several softwares available in the market. For example, to convert incompatible video files, 'any video convertor' software could be used. Similar software could be used for document conversion.
- Viewing the files:
- If no operation needs to be done on the file, but only to view them, then it's always easy to download a document viewer from the net. This way we can only view the content but cannot modify them.
File extension errors can be fixed with Advanced File Optimizer easily and quickly. Upgrading the system at regular intervals would help in keeping our system up to date and will remove unnecessary hassles.